Hey there gurls,
I am a complete nail polish maniac. I just keep buying nail polishes, sometimes in all weird shades. I Saw this pretty shade in the hands of my neighbor and immediately fell in love with it. I used to long for OPI nail polishes as they are named “oh-So-Perfect” by many of the youtube gurus and the very thought of it not being available freely at shops in Chenai made me go mad for it. The online websites in India do not offer much shade choices either. I wanted a nude shade and every time I selected a shade I used to get the messages “Shade Unavailable” or “Out of Stock” etc. This time, I was clever enough to ask my neighbor to get a couple of shades for me when she went to the US.
Thus, this beauty, named Chicago Champagne Toast from the OPI Chicago Set came into my possession.
Now, to the Review:
It looks like a glossy brown in the bottle but on my hand it looked like a glossy onion peel color. Pinkish brown. It’s very glossy and reflects light very beautifully. I personally like such glossy shades because I feel that they give a nice polished effect to my nails. I would personally classify it in the “nudes” family because I can wear this shade with almost all outfits I own and can be worn regularly office as well.
This is what it looked on my hand..
When I got this color I thought it’s just another boring color. But it proved to be one of the best and classiest colors I have.
The OPI’s brushes are more broader and thicker than normal nail polish brushes. This aids in the even application of polish. In my small nails, one stroke covers the whole nail.
I have added a picture of the brush along side with a streetware nail polish’s brush for comparison.
OPI advises to use a base coat then apply the nail color and top it off with a top coat. But I used it on my nails without a base coat and the color pay off is pretty good. One coat would suffice but I personally like two coats of them on my nails.
The brush applicator is a standard nail polish applicator. I didn’t feel any thing special about it.
The polish dries pretty fast and maintains the shine for almost 4-5 days post which the nail shows a bit. It does not chip in my hands. I even washed vessels one day with this on. Nothing happened. J
OPI claims that they can even be used on falsies. As I do not use false nails I cant comment on this.
It’s around INR 500/-
What I love in my first opi:
- The fact of this being an OPI nail polish is enough to make me fall in love with it. 😀
- It is wonderful color and can be used for almost all styles of dressing. It’s good for office.
- Great lasting power. It lasted perfectly for 4-5 days in my hands and I did work like cleaning vessels etc.
- Does not chip.
- Good quantity for the price especially for a brand that’s worshipped all over the world. Yeah the Bottle is huge. Almost all foreign brands like la girls, orly and OPI come in HUGE bottles.
- Some claim that OPI nail polishes are free from Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), and Toluene. I personally don’t know a thing about these. But if its free from supposedly harmful chemicals then it’s a plus right???
What I hate:
• Limited availability. I have seen it only online in India and required shade may not be always available.
This is a total hit. The only thing that makes me wonder about products like OPI is why they aren’t opening outlets in India? I personally feel they would have a very strong market here. And its such a pain to select shades during online shopping because you REALLY need to be lucky to find the exact shade you are looking for and I normally DO NOT have such luck. L
I Love this nail polish and I will be using it again and again till this gets over. Next I am eyeing their shrek collection. I want all opi collections now..
See ya gurls in another post.
PS: this is my first review for that matter first proper post in my blog. I am excited to know how you gurls feel about this.